- 250g wholemeal flour
- 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dessertspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.