· 3 tbsp malt vinegar
· 4 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
· 2 garlic cloves , crushed
· 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
· 1 small onion , roughly chopped
· 2 red peppers , seeded and cut into chunks
· 227g can pineapple pieces in juice, drained
· 100g sugar snap peas , roughly sliced
· handful salted, roasted cashew nuts, optional
In a bowl, put the ketchup, vinegar and sugar and mix well.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Gently fry the onion in a little oil. After a minute or two, add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring now and again. Add the vegetables and cook for a minute and then pour the sauce over. Heat through for a few minutes, then serve.
We're having this tonight.
I also add water chestnuts. When I have some, I also add baby corn...