- Take the skin off large field mushrooms and take the stalk out.
- Part-fry the mushroom (both sides) in olive oil & set aside
- Finely chop an onion, mushroom stalks and extra mushrooms (not the ones you just fried lol)
- Fry the onion until soft, then add the chopped mushrooms. Add garlic if you want (tis very nice with or without). Fry until cooked
- Add enough breadcrumbs to bind it together (dried or fresh crumbs)
- Use the mixture to fill the field mushrooms
- Top with cheese (we use cheddar normally but use whatever you like). They are nice without cheese too....
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.