200g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
40g soft brown sugar
50g raisins or chocolate chips
1 medium size egg
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Mix in the brown sugar and raisins, or chocolate chips.
- Break the egg into a jug and beat with a fork, then add the milk and oil. Beat again until well mixed.
- When you are ready to bake, put 12 large paper baking cases into a 12 hole bun tin, ideally with deep, straight sides.
- Quickly stir the two mixtures together but be careful not to overbeat. It doesn't matter if you can still see some flour.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until well risen and golden brown.